What you will do
- You will be responsible for maintaining, extending and improving the backbone of our platform
- You will work with state-of-the-art cloud applications like Google Container Engine, Google Compute Engine
- You will design and implement microservices to be deployed with Docker and Kubernetes
- You will work in close relationship with our product owner to deliver features that are loved by our clients
- You will work in a young and agile team of professionals
- You will solve existing and challenging problems for our customers
- You will write clean, scalable, maintainable and easy-to-read code
- You will work in sync with other team members, share knowledge and make suggestions for improvements
Whom we are looking for
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You are passionate about programming and quickly pick up new technologies
- You have experience in developing scalable, secure and error-proof backend features
- You have excellent understanding of Java backend development
- You are aware of performance and scalability aspects of Java
- You are willing to take responsibility for our product
- You are careful, reliable and pragmatic, always eager to find the best solutions while minimizing technical debt
- You like to collaborate with your co-workers and are interested in sharing your knowledge without developing a huge ego
- You love and live the values of agile software development and understand basic principles like test-driven development, code reviews and continuous delivery
- You feel comfortable working with UNIX environments and know your way around the command line
- Some aspects are not required but would be a plus: understanding of fundamental search engine concepts: Solr, Elasticsearch, Large data processing and NoSQL
Our Joel test score is 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- We use source control!
- We are able to make a build in one step!
- We are making daily builds!
- We do have a bug database!
- We fix bugs before writing new code!
- We have an up-to-date schedule!
- We do have specs (in form of mockups, stories and acceptance criterias)!
- Our programmers have quiet working conditions (if they want them)!
- We use the best tools money can buy!
- We have testers!
- New candidates write code during their interview / trial day!
- We do hallway usability testing!
|Job Category||Application Development|